stylist shops: Stylist Shops : Free People

Monday 2 June 2014

Stylist Shops : Free People

If there's one brand that personifies the girl I want to be for summer, it's always American bohemian brand, Free People
Floaty dresses, perfect lace and 'picked it up at a vintage market' designs - Free People simply churns out those 'where did you get that?' pieces all season long. 
I've always seen Free People as a bit of an industry secret and stocked up each time I visited the States for shoots, but the secret is out and lucky for the UK they recently launched their new .co.uk website. With a huge selection of product shot on gorgeous models, the site offers free delivery for orders over £75 plus (the best part) no duty charges at all. 
So, in honour of this, I headed over to their stunning head office hideaway on a mews street in Marylebone to shop the collection for you....




First up, a summer staple for me, the peasant blouse (£138, small). Although slightly pricey, the design on this is great, it looks authentic rather than 'high street vintage' and it also has an elasticated neckline so can be worn off the shoulder too. The cut off denim shorts (£58, 26) fit like denim shorts aughta - slouchy and unevenly frayed like you chopped them up yourself this morning.





If there's one thing I love, it's a white summer dress, and no one does these better than Free People. I totally fell for this beautiful lace dress (£168, small) with victorian detail, the perfect holiday throw-on. 





Next up, the printed jumpsuit (£98, small), yet another thing I fell in love with from Free People which is pretty impressive as I normally steer well away from prints. 
It fit slightly slouchy up top with a drawstring waist to size, and was light enough that you could throw it on over a bikini on holiday to venture out for lunch. 





This off the shoulder printed dress (£98, small) would look perfect stretched out on a picnic blanket in the park this summer. It's got that throw-on easiness that I'm always looking for in summer dressing. 




For days when your sartorial inspiration is Princess Jasmine, only this jumpsuit will do. A low scooped back keeps it feeling sexy (rather than The Genie) and the print is a perfect vintage washed paisley. It sadly isn't online yet, but I am assured it will be on there within the next week or so - so keep an eye on the What's New tab!




My final try-on at FP HQ was this amazing midi length white dress (£138, small) in the softest cotton with perfect intricate embroidery. Paired with this season's ubiquitous Birkenstocks, this would be the ultimate weekend dress.



This week also marks the launch of Free People's June campaign featuring one of my favourite models - Erin Wasson. Having recently interviewed Erin myself for Glamour magazine, I am a super-fan of her laid back, tomboy attitude and totally amazing style - so the pairing of her AND Free People is a dream!
She told me when we spoke how she loves shopping in vintage stores all over America from LA to Austin (and Brick Lane market in the UK) - so it's no surprise she's such a fan of the brand. 
Here are a couple of snaps of Erin rocking Free People to inspire you to make even more summer purchases...











6 comments:

  1. I love everything you are wearing in this post Rachel! Esp the printed jumpsuit! I winder if you would be able to give me some style advice? I am going to my friend's film premiere at the BFI on Thursday evening and as someone who never goes to these things, I am a bit clueless what to wear. I was thinking of wearing a black jumpsuit and strappy heels. What do you think? Any adivce? Thank you! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, so pleased you like the post!
      That sounds amazing, what fun. I think a jumpsuit sounds like a perfect choice, it feels fresher than a dress. And a bit cooler. Have you seen this one from Topshop - http://www.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/clothing-427/playsuits-jumpsuits-2159081/tailored-bandeau-jumpsuit-2974358?bi=1&ps=20
      It comes in black, white and blush and saw it the other day and it looks super expensive. Also there are some great drapey summery ones on Asos like this one which I've been debating buying in black - http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Jumpsuit-With-Plunge-Back/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=3915618&cid=2623&Rf900=4032&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=Cream
      Pair with an oversized clutch and heels and I'm sure you will look amazing!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks very much for your advice! I love both of those jumpsuits but my problem is, I am quite busty so I need to be able to wear a bra! I have gone for this one from Mint Velvet which is quite flattering on http://www.mintvelvet.co.uk/black-cap-sleeve-crepe-jumpsuit/jumpsuits/mint-v/fcp-product/4016
    and some stappy shoes from ASOS.
    http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-HIGHBURY-Heeled-Sandals/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=3805911
    Now to find a clutch! Thanks again, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great choice! Have fun tonight! Rachel x

      Delete
  3. cosplay costume-Xcoser.com is an online Cosplay Costumes Shop. We offer the best Anime Cosplay, Game Cosplay, Lolita Cosplay, Movie Cosplay, TV Cosplay, Holiday Cosplay and so on.

    ReplyDelete